Financial Aid

Dream big! Let us help you make your unique Wells experience experience. We offer over 125 endowed scholarships and many financial aid opportunities.
98% Wells students receive assistance—either financial, need-based aid or merit scholarships. Many receive both! To find out if you are eligible for financial aid you must submit both an application and your FAFSA. In no way does an application for financial assistance affect your admission to Wells College.

The Net Price Calculator is a tool that provides  a sample financial aid package that outlines the types of aid you may receive if you are both admitted to Wells College and you complete a federal aid application (FAFSA).  The information you provide on the net price calculator will generate an estimated award package based on the 2015-2016 Cost of Attendance figures and student aid eligibility requirements. Simply sign in and enter your information to recieve your results.

Contact Us

Wells College Financial Aid Office
170 Main Street
Aurora, NY 13026
Phone: 315-364-3289
Fax: 315-364-3445

Student in the library
Student working on a dry erase board
Students in a small discussion group

Scholarships and financial aid help our students fund their Wells education.

The Office of Financial Aid Office works closely with students and families to develop a personal and pragmatic plan. Federal loans, grants, work-study programs, and scholarships based on merit all contribute to our efforts to make your Wells education happen. Complete information on Wells College financial aid policies can be found at under the "Student" tab and then "Financial Aid."

Financial aid can come from numerous sources—federal or state government, private agencies, and the college itself. Types of financial aid include gift aid, which doesn’t have to be repaid, and self-help aid, loans that you pay back yourself or through work-study. The amount of financial aid is based on your financial need, and aid packages differs for every student.

When you apply for financial aid, your family will be asked to provide information about income, assets, family size, and the number of family members in college. This information is applied to a federal formula that calculates the amount you and your family can afford to pay for educational expenses for one year. Remember, though, that not all financial awards are based on income. Apply even if you don’t think you’ll qualify!

You can apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) after October 1. Unless your family situation changes, you should expect to receive approximately the same amount of financial aid each year. However, other factors can change, such as federal loan requirements, grants and other variables. Because these changes may make a difference in how much aid you receive, you are required to apply for financial aid every year.

Read through our Financial Aid Information pages to find detailed information related to financing options, the types of aid and their sources, our financial aid policies and requirements, and a number of helpful links, or get in touch with our financial aid office by emailing

Wells College
Explore our site. Check out our social media. Give us a call. Request a view book. Come visit. Get to know us!

Wells College promises a relevant liberal arts and sciences education. Intellectually challenging. Reinterpreted for today. Classroom teaching combined with hands-on learning. Wells graduates enter the world prepared for successful futures.

170 Main Street, Aurora, NY 13026
Admissions: 800.952.9355
General Information: 315.364.3266
© 2017 Wells College
Connect With Us
The following email addresses are a honeypot intended to test automated bots' ability to parse encoded addresses. Please do not contact these addresses.