CSTEP at Wells
Collegiate Science and Technology Education Program (CSTEP) at Wells College is an initiative of the New York State Department of Education designed to increase the number of students from underrepresented groups who are pursuing professional licensure and careers in health-related fields, science, technology, and mathematics.
CSTEP exists to provide an attractive, supportive, engaging, and enriching pathway to personal development and professional accomplishment in the scientific and technical fields including preparation for licensed professions for historically underrepresented minorities and/or economically disadvantaged students.
CSTEP provides academic enrichment and research experiences in STEM content areas
Projects and supporting services include academic year and summer components such as:
- Supervised training in research methods
- Graduate/professional school admissions preparation
- Standardized tests preparation
- Academic and career development activities
- Access to Academic Support Services
Student Eligibility for CSTEP
- New York State resident
- African-American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian or Alaskan native and/or economically disadvantaged