Our campus is centrally located and provides easy access to many metropolitan, cultural and educational centers, with a high concentration of outstanding colleges and universities in the area. The picturesque village of Aurora is 30 minutes from Ithaca; one hour from Rochester and Syracuse; two to three hours from Buffalo, Niagara Falls, and Canada; and five hours from New York City. Read more about what it's like to work at Wells.
Most Wells employees live in one of six nearby counties and can choose from a variety of living environments, including larger metro areas, smaller cities, or the many neighboring villages and hamlets.
Full-time employees are eligible for a wide range of benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Basic and supplemental life insurance plans
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Long-term disability insurance
- Paid time away, including 12 paid holidays and vacation days each year
- Flexible work hours
- Summer hours (four-day workweek)
- Dependent tuition benefits, including tuition remission at Wells and tuition exchange with other member institutions
- Free parking and use of the fitness center, pool, and other campus facilities
- An Employee Assistance Program (E.A.P), which provides counseling for employees in need
- All employees are eligible and have the option to join either Empower Federal Credit Union or Community Federal Credit Union, of which Wells is a member
Whether it's the great outdoors, family fun, or the arts you're after, Aurora and its environs have something for everyone: you can kayak in Cayuga Lake; hike the surrounding nature trails; ski or golf at local courses and resorts; explore the many nearby state parks, stunning waterfalls, and gorges and visit the region's many award-winning wineries, local craft breweries and delicious dining options—all within easy reach. We think you'll find Wells and its environs to be a most warm and wonderful place.
Current Employment Opportunities
Wells College is a small selective co-educational liberal arts college located in central New York. The College is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons. Wells College seeks to promote diversity in all of its hires; under-represented populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
To provide for the safety and welfare of Wells College students, faculty, staff, and visitors, and to avoid unreasonable risk, for certain positions, the College will conduct a background check of persons prior to employment by the College, or other applicable affiliation with the College, consistent with applicable federal and New York State regulations. The College’s policy is consistent with the State of New York’s policy to encourage the employment of persons previously convicted of one or more criminal offenses.
Please click on the tabs below to see available faculty, staff, or student positions.
Working at Wells
Whether in the classrooms, the offices, or the grounds, Wells is a beautiful place to spend your day.