Internships and Experiential Learning
Internships provide an easy and popular path to firsthand business experience. Work with professionals on-site and discover what you love to do, and more importantly, what you don’t! Learn industry practices and the demands of the market while earning credit towards your degree.
Wells students have recently held internships with organizations including:
- Welch Allyn, Skaneateles, NY
- MacKenzie-Childs, Aurora, NY
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, New York, NY
- American Heart Association, Albany, NY
- Finger Lakes Boating Museum, Penn Yan, NY
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Co., Boston, MA
- Delta Air Lines, Atlanta, GA
- Societe Africaine de Cash Management (SACM), Dakar, Senegal
- United Way of New York City, New York, NY
Put your entrepreneurial skills to the test:
In practically every business course, you’ll have opportunities to develop your own workable projects. Learn to apply classroom principles and theories in marketing, budgeting, and more as you develop a business plan, research cutting-edge strategies, and present your ideas for feedback and advice. Learn to work for yourself or contribute your own expertise to a team. Most importantly, you’ll have countless opportunities to adapt what you learn in courses from across the Wells curriculum to better inform your career plans, build your specific knowledge base, and develop practical experience.