A Look Inside the Business Bachelor’s Degree Program at Wells
Earn your bachelor’s degree in business at Wells and head into a changing world with confidence in your skills and abilities—confidence built on experience. Here are just a few of our undergraduate business program highlights:
- Put innovation into action by designing a for-profit or not-for-profit business in Wells’ annual Business Idea Competition. Entrepreneurship Week also includes lectures from successful entrepreneurial CEOs from around the globe.
- Learn to make ethical and informed financial decisions in our Personal Financial Management course. Open to all majors and relevant to any career, the class covers topics including savings, loans, credit cards, mortgages, taxes, investments, and much more.
- Get first-hand experience managing a small business at The Grind café, work in our Wall Street-style Trading Room, and learn to achieve breakthrough solutions to all kinds of real-world challenges at Wells’ Innovation Lab. It’s all part of our active, modern learning facilities at the Sullivan Center.
- Earn your B.S. degree and Master of Business Administration degree in just 5 years as part of our 4+1 business programs.
What You’ll Learn as a Business Major
- How to start a business and market a product or service
- How to effectively deal with employees and customers
- How to manage complex finances in a changing, global economy
- How businesses large and small manage economic success, social responsibility, and environmental protection
In addition to specific business management, business administration, and business finance skills, you’ll also develop key personal skills you can apply to any career:
- Communication skills: Write and speak effectively and persuasively, listen closely.
- Intellectual skills: Solve problems, question assumptions, reason things out.
- Leadership skills: Take charge, set the agenda, build consensus, inspire others.
- Global awareness: Appreciate diversity, understand interconnectedness.
- Professional skills: Dress the part, talk the talk.
Business Clubs and Other Aurora Campus Programs
Practice your business leadership skills by getting involved with one of many active groups on campus. Below are just a few that might catch your interest:
- Collegiate Counsel (student government)
- Chinese Language and Culture Club
- Film Production Club
- Red Cross Club
- The Sycamore magazine
- Student Athletic Advisory Committee
- Programming Board
Ready to find out more?
Ready to learn more about Wells College and our Business program?
Ready to Apply?
Take the first step toward earning your bachelor’s degree in Business at Wells College.
Beyond the Classroom: Experiential Learning in the Business
At Wells, you get the personal attention of a small private college with all of the opportunities to gain real-world business experience in the surrounding Aurora, New York, community and beyond.
Internship and Study Abroad Opportunities
Get hands-on business experience through our numerous business internship programs, some of which are provided by Wells alumnae who are established leaders in their fields. Wells business majors hold internships such as:
- Welch Allyn, Skaneateles, New York
- MacKenzie-Childs, Aurora, New York
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, New York, New York
- American Heart Association, Albany, New York
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Co., Boston, Massachusetts
- Delta Air Lines, Atlanta, Georgia
- United Way of New York City, New York, New York
Career Options for Business Graduates
Enter today’s job market with the skills to succeed. When you earn your bachelor’s degree in business from Wells College, you’ll be ready to pursue careers in virtually any industry, in positions that involve business administration and business management expertise. Many of our graduates put their entrepreneurial education at Wells to work and go on to start their own businesses. You can also continue your education and pursue your MBA, law degree, or other graduate degree programs with a business background.