The Wells Book Arts Center is pleased to announce the return of its Summer Institute this July!
During each weeklong session, attendees can choose from one of four classes. Tuition for each weeklong class is $1,000; on-campus accommodations and meals are available for an additional fee.
All registrations received by April 1, 2022 will receive a $100 early-bird discount for tuition. In addition, a limited number of scholarships to participants, with preference being given to current and recent Wells students.
• Marbling on Paper and Silk with Stephen Pittelkow
• Tooling on Leather with Samuel Feinstein
• Western Papermaking with Tom Balbo
• Woodblock on the Letterpress with Heather O'Hara
• A Printer's Palaeography (a class on Letterpress and Calligraphy) with Jesse Marsolais
• Box Making: Exploring Shapes with Stephen Pittelkow
• The Joy of Making Your Own Journal from Beginning to End with Sonja Rossow
• Stereoscopic Photography: Building on a Victorian Invention with Diego Ruiz
All classes will be held on the picturesque campus of Wells College. Summer is a perfect time to enjoy the Finger Lakes region, an area well known for its natural beauty, lakes, waterfalls, charming small villages, farms and wineries.
The Wells College Book Arts Center is located in Morgan Hall, and houses one of the finest teaching collections of book arts equipment in the country.
Reserve your spot today at: