Members of the Wells community joined together for the 8th annual Employee Recognition Breakfast, a morning ceremony held in recognition of the accomplishments of faculty and staff—as individuals and as a whole. President Gibralter recognized those who have reached milestone years of service and announced several special Awards for Excellence.
"We are well positioned to meet our goals and accomplish extraordinary work because of you—the talented, focused, thoughtful people who work at Wells," said President Gibralter. "To all of you, I offer the gratitude of the College herself. It is such an honor to show our deep appreciation for your hard work on behalf of Wells."
The employees celebrating milestones were given gifts from the College; those honored included:
Celebrating 5 years of service
- Tracy Barnhart, Manager of Mail Services
- Jessica Corter, Advancement Assistant
- David Foote, Assistant Director of Communications
- Richard Gary, Head Men's & Women's Volleyball Coach
- Robert Giannotta, Security Officer
- Carl Johengen, Choir Director
- Charles La Douce, Admissions Counselor
- Michelle Landers, Coordinator of Corporate & Foundation Relations
- John Wade, Painter
- Daniel Wentworth, Director of Information Technology
- Robin Worsell, Security Officer
10 Years of Service
- Edmund Maassen, Custodian
- Laurie Nolan, Custodian
- Cindy Speaker, Provost and Dean of the College
15 Years of Service
- Richard Kloster, Manager of College Store
- Laura McClusky, Professor of Sociology & Anthropology
- Amy Staples, Director of International Programs
- Susan Talbot, Director of Childhood & Adolescence Education
20 Years of Service
- Milene Morfei, Professor of Psychology
25 Years of Service:
- Sally Hooper, Custodian
- Kent Klitgaard, Professor of Economics
30 Years of Service:
- Joseph Dyson, Manager of Voice Communications/Administrative Computing
- Scott Heinekamp, Professor of Physics
Awards for Excellence
The Employee Awards for Excellence are chosen from community nomination. This year, four awardees—from different areas, doing different work and chosen for different strengths—were recognized for their commitment to the College and to our students. They were:
- Jim Button, Grounds Department Foreman in Facility Services, for enthusiasm, mentorship, creativity, and support of many offices on campus as he keeps the campus grounds looking beautiful and welcoming to visitors.
- Ken Kabelac, Assistant Electrician in Facility Services, for his many years of quietly going above and beyond to help out where he is needed. Even after hours or when on vacation, Ken is always willing and ready to assist.
- Nicole Pellegrino '05, Registrar and Director of Academic Advising and Success, for demonstrating commitment and quick service as she provides valuable decision-making information to several offices involved in recruiting and retaining students.
- Griffin Spencer, Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Information, for knowledge, attentiveness to detail and effort contributing to unprecedented number of awards and recognition for our student-athletes and coaching staff.
The College initiated the Employee Recognition Breakfast eight years ago; the campus-wide Awards for Excellence were added in 2012. Each awardee will have her or his name added to a campus plaque.