Dr. Gehan Dhameeth, or "Dr. G" as he's known to his students, has led teams in product management, marketing and sales management, and strategic planning with companies in the U.S. and Sri Lanka; spent time training and interacting with multinational organizations in Austria, Germany, and Italy; and managed his own management consultancy company in New York City. These roles have contributed to a practical understanding of business and management that grounds Gehan's teaching style in real-world business techniques and cross-cultural organizations.
2003 - B.B.A., University of Colombo
2006 - M.B.A., University of Cardiff
2012 - D.B.A., Jones International University
2019 - M.Sc., Maryville University
- Shanmuganthan(2005), “Distribution Management” Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Recommended Text
- Shanmuganathan (2006), “Study on the Effectiveness of Non-Personal Marketing Communication Strategies of Indigenous Private Sector Commercial Banks in Sri Lanka with Special Reference to the Improvement of Corporate Brand Equity” Dissertation Submitted for the Degree of Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Shanmuganathan (2009), “Importance of Customer Mindset in Economic Turbulence” Business Journal Chamber of Commerce, Staten Island, New York
- Shanmuganathan (2012) “An Empirical Investigation on Effective Leadership for Global Brand Management in Multinational Consumer Banks Operating in the United States with Special Reference to Application of Multicultural Perspectives of Immigrant Employees” – ProQuest UMI Dissertation Publishing- UMI 3523549 (DBA)
Peer reviewed Publications
- Shanmuganathan (2012), “An Investigation on Consideration of Multicultural Perspectives for Brand Management in Multinational Organizations in the United States”- American Society of Business and Behavioral Science - ISSN 1934-0583: p170-178
- Depoo, T. & Shanmuganathan, G.D. (2013) “Leadership Styles Applied for Global Brand Management of Multinational Organizations in The United States”- Open Journal of Business and Management (OJBM) Paper ID: 1530003 - Vol 01, Number 02, July 2013
- Gagnon, Deborah A., Moore, Gregory M., & Shanmuganathan, Gehan D. (2014) “Factors Mediating between Employee Strategy Awareness and Commitment to Organizational Success”. – Journal of Management and Sustainability (JMS) Vol. 4, No. 4, December 2014 issue. ISSN 1925-4725 (Print)
- Shanmuganathan, Gehan D. (2014) “Influence of Cultural Factors for Global Brand Management”. Journal of Business and Management (JBM), Vol. 3, Issue 4, 2014, 40-47. ISSN 2291-1995
- Kaempffe, E. & Shanmuganathan, G.D. (2015) “Leadership and Team Performance Relationship: Case Analysis” Scholars Journal of Economics, Business and Management (SJEBM); ISSN 2348-5302 (Online) & ISSN 2348-8875 (Print)- Vol.-2, Issue-1 (Jan, 2015).
- Dhameeth, G.S. & Constantine, D. (2015) “Producing Ethanol from Switchgrass; A Literature Review on a Business Feasibility” – Journal of Basic and Applied Research International (ISSN: 2395-3438 (Print), 2395-3446 (Online))- Vol.-14, Issue-3 (Nov, 2015).
- Dhameeth,G.S. (June 2016) “Vine to Wine: An Analysis of Value Construction or Destruction at the Point of Production” - Journal of Social and Administrative Sciences (Volume 03, Issue 02)
- Dhameeth,G.S. & Yamamoto O.(June 2016) “Relationship Between Millennials And Brand Loyalty: Mediating Brand Loyalty Factors” - Journal of Business Theory and Practice (Volume 05, Issue 03,2017: ISSN 2372-9759)
Publications UNDER PEER REVIEW (WORK IN PROGRESS)
- Dhameeth, G.S., Jung, K., & King, D. (2016) “Modeling Moderating Effects of Customer Life Time Value and Referral Value on Customer Service of Frontline Employees for Customer and Organizational Satisfaction: A Comparative Analysis”.
- Babijtchouk, O., Dames D.D., Dhameeth S. G., Sleezer A., Smith E. (2017) “The Millennials: Insights to Brand Behavior for Brand Management Strategies”.
- 19th Annual Conference held in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA February 23-26th 2012 organized by American Society of Business and Behavioral Science. Presented the paper on “Study on the Effectiveness of Non-Personal Marketing Communication Strategies of Indigenous Private Sector Commercial Banks in Sri Lanka with Special Reference to the Improvement of Corporate Brand Equity”.
- 15th International Conference held in Berlin, Germany June 20-23rd 2012 organized by American Society of Business and Behavioral Science- “An Investigation on Consideration of Multicultural Perspectives for Global Brand Management in Multinational Consumer Banks Operating in the United States” Conference Proceedings ISSN Number: 1934-0583.
- 2012 Las Vegas International Academic Conference held in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA between October 15th and October 17th, 2012 on “An Empirical Investigation on Leadership Styles Applied for Global Brand Management of Multinational Organizations in the United States” Conference Proceedings ISSN Number: 1539-8757 (print); 2157-9660.
- Session Chair for Business & Economics and Management Track at “2013 Orlando International Academic Conference” held from March 21-23, 2013.
- International Conference on Business Management and Information Systems/ Volume II (ICBMIS 2013) held at Institute of Management Technology, Dubai (UAE) from November 19-21, 2013. Concept Paper on “A Study on Corporate Strategy Awareness and Employee Commitment for Organizational Success” (Conference Proceedings).
- Ninth International Conference on Interdisciplinary Social Science held June 11-13, 2014 at the University of British Columbia (UBC), Vancouver, Canada. “A study on the Relationship Between Strategy Awareness and Employee Commitment for Organizational Success (phase one)”. Co-Authorship with Gagnon, Deborah A. and Moore, Gregory M.
- Jones International University Virtual Research Conference, November 5, 2014. “Influence Of Cultural Factors For Global Brand Management”
- Clute International Business & Education Conferences Program, New York, USA- August 2-6, 2015. “Influence of Cultural Factors for Global Brand Management (revised paper)”
- Session Chair for Business Track at the International Symposium on Business and Social Science, December 2-4, 2015, Tokyo, Japan. “Assessing and Modeling Marketing Strategies for Undergraduate Markets in the United States”
- Session Chair at the International Conference on Research Developments in Humanities, Social Sciences, and Interdisciplinary Studies, January 8-9, 2017, Bali, Indonesia. “Vin to Wine: An Analysis of Value Construction or Destruction at the Point of Production”
- Keynote Speaker at International Conference on Research Developments in Humanities, Social Sciences, and Interdisciplinary Studies, January 8-9, 2017, Bali, Indonesia. “Customer Lifetime Value: The Illusion”
- Case Method Teaching Seminar Part I, Harvard Business School, Boston, USA (March 6,2015)
- Case Method Teaching Seminar Part II, Harvard Business School, Boston, USA (June 12-13,2015)
- University of Dubai, Business School on “Impact of Global Economy on Consumer Behavior” November 2013
- Cardiff Metropolitan University, Cardiff School of Management on “Winning Dissertations” December 2013
- University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore Pakistan on “Recent Trends in Entrepreneurship” January 2014 (Via Skype)
- Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing, Colombo, Sri Lanka on “Challenges in Global Branding” May 2014. (Via Skype)
- Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing, Colombo, Sri Lanka on “Challenges in Sharing Marketing Knowledge- Overhauling Status Quo” July 2014 at Taj Samudra Hotel.
- American University in the Emirates (AUE) on “Current Marketing Trends and Challenges” July 6th 2015.
- University of Barcelona, Spain, on “Customer Life Time Value”- January 18th 2016.
- Honored as the Guest of Honor at the University of Wales Sri Lanka Chapter Annual Conference and delivered a talk on "scholars' contribution to a sustainable economy."- Saturday, May 28th, 2016.
- Rupavahini (national TV Channel for Sri Lanka) TV talk on “Importance of Dreaming for Future Success”. – June 9th, 2016.
- University of Colombo, invited as the Chief Guest for the Business Plan Competition. Delivered a speech on “Entrepreneurship”- June 17th, 2016.
- Panel discussion on “Disruptive Innovation” at 16th Annual Conference for Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK) Sri Lanka Branch- June 29th, 2016.
- Derana TV talk on “Cultural Challenges in Sri Lankan Education with Special Emphasis on Building Critical Mind”. – July 6th, 2016
- Resource Person for United Nations Development Projects (UNDP) on “Innovation and Foresight After the Civil War in Sri Lanka (education perspective)”- July 8th, 2016.
- Post Graduate Institute of Management (PIM) an affiliated Institution for Graduate Studies at the University of Sri Jayawardenapura, on “Business Consulting” – July 21st, 2016.
- Rupavahini (national TV Channel for Sri Lanka) TV talk on “Myths and Economic Growth”. – Jan 19th, 2017.
- Sampath Bank, Colombo, Sri Lanka on “Selling Techniques” June 2005
- Hydramani Group, Colombo, Sri Lanka on “Customer Mindset” August 2005
- HSBC, Dubai, on “Excellent Customer Service for Competitive Advantage” November 2013
- Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing, Colombo, Sri Lanka on “Strategic Planning” July 2014 at Taj Samudra Hotel
- Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing, Colombo, Sri Lanka on “Challenges in Sharing Marketing Knowledge- Challenging the Status-Quo” July 2014 at Taj Samudra Hotel
- Friday, May 27th, 2016 workshop for faculty at St. Benedict's College, Colombo, Sri Lanka, on Classroom Management
- Maliban Milk, Colombo, Sri Lanka on “Change Management”, June 3rd, 2016
- Maliban Sales Team on “Effective Selling” – July 3rd, 2016
- Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing (SLIM) faculty development workshop on “Classroom Management and Teaching Techniques” – July 9th-10th, 2016
- Good Shepherd Convent a workshop on “Inner Leader” for High School Students – July 14th, 2016
- Derana TV Marketing and Sales Team, workshop on “Art of Negotiating” – July 20th,2016
- Laugfs Gas Sales Team on “Breaking Through the Shell” – July 23-24th, 2016.
- Kelani Cables, Sales Training for Company Sales Representatives on “Paradigm Shift” on August 7th, 2016
- Kelani Cables Management Training for Middle Managers: “Empowering” on August 8th, 2016
- Bank of Ceylon (BOC) workshop on “Leadership” for Island Wide Branch Managers on August 13th, 2016
- Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing (SLIM) workshop on “Shift Your Sales Gear in 2017; Paradigm Shift” on January 13, 2017
- Maliban Milk, Colombo, Sri Lanka on “Leadership for Sales Management”, January 20, 2017
Supply Chain Management
COURSES MOST CURRENTLY TAUGHT
Final Business Thesis Paper (BUS 402)
Business Analytics (BUS 304)
Brand Management (BUS 302)
Principles of Project Management (BUS 231)
Principles of Business (BUS 100)
Strategic Marketing Management & e-Commerce (BUS 360)
Sales & Sales management (BUS 368)
Business Strategy (BUS 350)
Management for Small Planet (BUS 365)
Production and Operations Management (BUS 375)
Internships (BUS 290/390)
Principles of Management (BUS 201)
Principles of Marketing (BUS 301)
Entrepreneurship: Small Business Management (BUS 303)
New Courses Adopted to Wells College Curriculum
Principles of Business (Bus 100) Introduced In Fall 2014
Principles of Project Management (Bus 231) Introduced In Fall 2014
Brand Management (BUS 302) Introduced in Fall 2015
Business Analytics (BUS 304) Introduced in Fall 2016
- Certified Professional Marketer (Asia-Pacific)
- Certified Business Mentor (SCORE- Auburn, New York Chapter)
- Advocate for Small Businesses at Chamber of Commerce (Ithaca, New York, USA)
- Orient (Orange Electricals) Lanka, Sri Lanka
- International Corp Science, USA
- Hydramani Group, Sri Lanka
- Sampath Bank, Sri Lanka (Online Learning Module for Customer Relationship Management)
- R & G Imaging Solutions, USA
- Logan Farms “Organic Garlic”, King Ferry, NY
- Maliban Milk, Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing (SLIM)
- Kelani Cables (pvt) Ltd, Sri Lanka
- Member of American Marketing Association - Member # 03182684
- Reuters Researcher ID is: C-9676-2012
- Asia-Pacific Marketing Federation (Singapore)
- Member of Chamber of Commerce (Ithaca, New York, USA)
- Full Fellow Member (FCIM- #2551071), Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK)
EDITORIAL MEMBERSHIPS (Editor/Associate Editor/Referee)
- Journal of Business and Economics (ISSN:2155-7950)
- Business and Management Research (ISSN:1927-6001- Print/ISSN:1927-601X-Online)
- Common Ground Publishing (http://ijm.cgpublisher.com) ISSN: 1833-1874
- Advances in Researches (ISSN:2348-0394)
- Ecoforum Journal (ISSN: 2344 – 2174)
- Journal of Business & Management ISSN: 2291-1995 (Print)/ISSN: 2291-2002 (Online)
- Journal of Basic and Applied Research international
- British Journal of Economics, Management & Trade (ISSN: 2278 – 098X)
- International Society for Development and Sustainability (ID: M141684)
- International Journal of Development and Sustainability ISSN 2186-8662(ID:M141684)
- British Journal of Mathematics and Computer Science (ISSN: 2231-0851)