Dr. Gehan Dhameeth, or "Dr. G" as he's known to his students, has led teams in product management, marketing and sales management, and strategic planning with companies in the U.S. and Sri Lanka; spent time training and interacting with multinational organizations in Austria, Germany, and Italy; and managed his own management consultancy company in New York City. These roles have contributed to a practical understanding of business and management that grounds Gehan's teaching style in real-world business techniques and cross-cultural organizations.
2003 - B.B.A., University of Colombo
2006 - M.B.A., University of Cardiff
2012 - D.B.A., Jones International University
2019 - M.Sc., Maryville University
- Shanmuganathan (2005), "Distribution Management," Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Recommended Textbook
- Shanmuganathan (2009), "Importance of Customer Mindset in Economic Turbulence," Business Journal Chamber of Commerce, Staten Island, N.Y.
- Dhameeth (2019), "Artificial Intelligence in Marketing Decisions" in Biznomics magazine (Sri Lanka).
- Shanmuganathan, G.D. (2012), “An Investigation on Consideration of Multicultural Perspectives for Brand Management in Multinational Organizations in the United States,” American Society of Business and Behavioral Science (ISSN 1934-0583), pp. 170-178.
- Depoo, T. & Shanmuganathan, G.D. (2013), “Leadership Styles Applied for Global Brand Management of Multinational Organizations in the United States,” Open Journal of Business and Management (OJBM) (Paper ID: 1530003), Vol. 1, No. 02, July 2013.
- Gagnon, Deborah A., Moore, Gregory M., & Shanmuganathan, Gehan D. (2014), “Factors Mediating between Employee Strategy Awareness and Commitment to Organizational Success,” Journal of Management and Sustainability (JMS), Vol. 4, No. 4, Dec. 2014 issue (ISSN 1925-4725; print).
- Shanmuganathan, Gehan D. (2014), “Influence of Cultural Factors for Global Brand Management,” Journal of Business and Management (JBM), Vol. 3, Issue 4, 2014, pp. 40-47, ISSN 2291-1995.
- Kaempffe, E. & Shanmuganathan, G.D. (2015), “Leadership and Team Performance Relationship: Case Analysis,” Scholars Journal of Economics, Business and Management (SJEBM), Vol. 2, Issue 1, Jan. 2015; ISSN 2348-5302 (online) & ISSN 2348-8875 (print).
- Dhameeth, G.S. & Constantine, D. (2015), “Producing Ethanol from Switchgrass: A Literature Review on a Business Feasibility,” Journal of Basic and Applied Research International, Vol. 14, Issue 3, Nov. 2015; ISSN: 2395-3438 (print) & ISSN 2395-3446 (online).
- Dhameeth, G.S. (June 2016), “Vine to Wine: An Analysis of Value Construction or Destruction at the Point of Production,” Journal of Social and Administrative Sciences, Vol. 3, Issue 2.
- Dhameeth, G.S. & Yamamoto O. (June 2017), “Relationship between Millennials and Brand Loyalty: Mediating Brand Loyalty Factors,” Journal of Business Theory and Practice, Vol. 5, Issue 03, 2017; ISSN 2372-9759.
- Babijtchouk, O., Dames D.D., Dhameeth S. G., Sleezer A., and Smith E. (2017), “The Millennials: Insights to Brand Behavior for Brand Management Strategies,” Journal of Management and Strategy, Vol. 9, No. 3, 2018; ISSN 1923-3965 & E-ISSN 1923-3973.
- Dhameeth, G.S. (Aug. 2019), “Predictive Modeling of the Brand Equity: Analysis Based on Multiple Logistic Regression and Backward Stepwise Model Selection Methods,” International Journal of Data Science and Analysis (IJDSA), Vol. 5, No. 4, 2019, pp. 67-72; ISSN 2575-1883 (print) & ISSN 2575-1891 (online); doi: 10.11648/j.ijdsa.20190504.13.
Publication under Review (Work in Progress)
- Dhameeth, G.S. & Jung, K. (2018), “Modeling Moderating Effects of Customer Lifetime Value and Referral Value on Customer Service of Frontline Employees for Customer and Organizational Satisfaction: A Comparative Analysis.”
- American Society of Business and Behavioral Science's 15th International Conference, held in Berlin, Germany, June 20-23, 2012: “A Study on Consideration of Multicultural Perspectives for Global Brand Management in Multinational Consumer Banks Operating in the United States"; Conference Proceedings ISSN: 1934-0583.
- 2012 Las Vegas International Academic Conference held in Las Vegas, Nevada, Oct. 15-17, 2012: “An Empirical Investigation on Leadership Styles Applied for Global Brand Management of Multinational Organizations in the United States”; Conference Proceedings ISSN: 1539-8757 (print); 2157-9660.
- Session chair for Business & Economics and Management track at 2013 Orlando International Academic Conference, held March 21-23, 2013.
- International Conference on Business Management and Information Systems/ Volume II (ICBMIS 2013) held at Institute of Management Technology, Dubai (UAE) Nov. 19-21, 2013. Concept paper on “A Study on Corporate Strategy Awareness and Employee Commitment for Organizational Success” (Conference Proceedings).
- Ninth International Conference on Interdisciplinary Social Science, held June 11-13, 2014 at the University of British Columbia (UBC), Vancouver, Canada: “A Study on the Relationship Between Strategy Awareness and Employee Commitment for Organizational Success (Phase One)”. Co-authorship with Gagnon, Deborah A. and Moore, Gregory M.
- Jones International University Virtual Research Conference, Nov. 5, 2014: “Influence of Cultural Factors for Global Brand Management.”
- Clute International Business & Education Conferences Program, New York, Aug. 2-6, 2015: "Influence of Cultural Factors for Global Brand Management (revised paper)."
- Session chair for Business track at the International Symposium on Business and Social Science, Dec. 2-4, 2015, Tokyo, Japan: “Assessing and Modeling College Undergraduate Market.”
- Session chair at the International Conference on Research Developments in Humanities, Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies, Jan. 8-9, 2017, Bali, Indonesia: “Vin to Wine: An Analysis of Value Construction or Destruction at the Point of Production.”
- Keynote speaker at International Conference on Research Developments in Humanities, Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies, Jan. 8-9, 2017, Bali, Indonesia: “Customer Lifetime Value: The Illusion.”
- Session chair at the Northeastern Association of Business, Economics and Technology (NABET) Conference, Oct. 26-27, 2017, State College, Pa.: Presented a paper on “The Millennials: Insights to Brand Behavior for Brand Management Strategies.”
- Fifth International MT Conference, Dec. 27-28, 2017, Milan, Italy. Presented a paper on “Modeling Moderating Effects of Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) and Referral Value (CRV) on Customer Service of Frontline Employees for Customer and Organizational Satisfaction: A Comparative Analysis.”
- WEI International Academic Conference, Harvard Faculty Club in Boston, Mass., Aug. 1, 2018: presented a paper on “The Millennials: Insights to Brand Behavior for Brand Management Strategies,” and appointed as the session chair.
- ICAMEIT’ 2019 Barcelona, Spain, Nov. 3-4, 2019: presented and published a research paper on "Predictive Modeling of the Brand Equity: Analysis Based on the Multiple Logistic Regression and Backward Stepwise Model Selection Methods."
- Case Method Teaching Seminar Part I, Harvard Business School, Boston, Mass., March 6, 2015.
- Case Method Teaching Seminar Part II, Harvard Business School, Boston, Mass., June 12-13, 2015.
- University of Dubai Business School: “Impact of Global Economy on Consumer Behavior,” Nov. 2013.
- Cardiff Metropolitan University, Cardiff School of Management: “Winning Dissertations,” Dec. 2013
- University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore, Pakistan: “Recent Trends in Entrepreneurship,” Jan. 2014 (via Skype).
- Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing, Colombo, Sri Lanka: “Challenges in Global Branding,” May 2014 (via Skype).
- Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing, Colombo, Sri Lanka: “Challenges in Sharing Marketing Knowledge -- Overhauling Status Quo,” July 2014 at Taj Samudra Hotel.
- American University in the Emirates (AUE): “Current Marketing Trends and Challenges,” July 6, 2015.
- University of Barcelona, Spain: “Customer Lifetime Value,” Jan. 18, 2016.
- Guest of Honor at the University of Wales Sri Lanka Chapter annual conference and delivered a talk on "Scholars' Contribution to a Sustainable Economy," May 28, 2016.
- Rupavahini (national TV channel for Sri Lanka) TV talk: “Importance of Dreaming for Future Success,” June 9, 2016.
- Invited as the chief guest for the University of Colombo Business Plan Competition; delivered a speech on “Entrepreneurship,” June 17, 2016.
- Panel discussion on “Disruptive Innovation” at 16th annual conference for Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK) Sri Lanka branch, June 29, 2016.
- Derana TV talk: “Cultural Challenges in Sri Lankan Education with Special Emphasis on Building Critical Mind,” July 6, 2016.
- Resource person for United Nations Development Projects (UNDP) on “Innovation and Foresight after the Civil War in Sri Lanka (Education Perspective),”July 8, 2016.
- Post Graduate Institute of Management (PIM), an affiliated Institution for graduate studies at the University of Sri Jayawardenapura: “Business Consulting,” July 21, 2016.
- Rupavahini TV talk: “Myths and Economic Growth,” Jan 19, 2017.
CORPORATE TRAININGS CONDUCTED
- Sampath Bank, Colombo, Sri Lanka: “Selling Techniques,” June 2005.
- Hydramani Group, Colombo, Sri Lanka: “Customer Mindset,” Aug. 2005.
- HSBC, Dubai: “Excellent Customer Service for Competitive Advantage,” Nov. 2013.
- Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing, Colombo, Sri Lanka: "Strategic Planning,” July 2014 at Taj Samudra Hotel.
- Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing, Colombo, Sri Lanka: “Challenges in Sharing Marketing Knowledge -- Challenging the Status Quo,” July 2014 at Taj Samudra Hotel.
- St. Benedict's College, Colombo, Sri Lanka: Faculty workshop on "Classroom Management," May 27, 2016.
- Maliban Milk, Colombo, Sri Lanka: “Change Management," June 3, 2016.
- Maliban Sales Team: “Effective Selling,” July 3, 2016.
- Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing (SLIM): Faculty development workshop on “Classroom Management and Teaching Techniques,” July 9-10, 2016.
- Good Shepherd Convent: Workshop on “Inner Leader” for high school students, July 14, 2016.
- Derana TV Marketing and Sales Team: Workshop on “Art of Negotiating,” July 20, 2016.
- Laughs Gas Sales Team: “Breaking through the Shell,” July 23-24, 2016.
- Kelani Cables: Sales training for company sales representatives: “Paradigm Shift,” Aug. 7, 2016.
- Kelani Cables: Management training for middle managers: “Empowering,” Aug. 8, 2016.
- Bank of Ceylon (BOC): Workshop on “Leadership” for Island Wide Branch Managers, Aug. 13, 2016.
- Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing (SLIM): Workshop on “Shift Your Sales Gear in 2017; Paradigm Shift,” Jan. 13, 2017.
- Maliban Milk, Colombo, Sri Lanka: “Leadership for Sales Management,” Jan. 20, 2017.
Consumer behavior (quantitative)
Customer service (quantitative)
Brand management (quantitative)
- Certified Data Analyst (CIW) ID: 676684
- Certified Professional Marketer (Asia-Pacific) – ID: 12/SEP/2002/0006
- Certified Business Mentor (SCORE- Auburn, N.Y. Chapter)
- Advocate for Small Businesses at Chamber of Commerce (Ithaca, N.Y.)
- Orient (Orange Electricals) Lanka, Sri Lanka
- International Corp Science, USA
- Hydramani Group, Sri Lanka
- Sampath Bank, Sri Lanka (Online Learning Module for Customer Relationship Management)
- R & G Imaging Solutions, USA
- Logan Farms “Organic Garlic”, King Ferry, N.Y.
- Maliban Milk, Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing (SLIM)
- Kelani Cables (pvt) Ltd, Sri Lanka
- Member of American Marketing Association (member # 03182684)
- Asia-Pacific Marketing Federation (Singapore)
- Member of Chamber of Commerce (Ithaca, N.Y.)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK), full fellow member (FCIM #2551071)
EDITORIAL MEMBERSHIPS (Reviewer)
- Journal of Brand Management (ISSN: 1350-231X print; 1479-1803 online)
- International Journal of Data Science and Analysis (ISSN: 2575-1883 print; 2575-1891 online)
- Journal of Business and Economics (ISSN: 2155-7950)
- Business and Management Research (ISSN: 1927-6001 print; 1927-601X online)
- Common Ground Publishing (ISSN: 1833-1874)
- Advances in Researches (ISSN: 2348-0394)
- Eco forum Journal (ISSN: 2344–2174)
- Journal of Business and Management (ISSN: 2291-1995 print; 2291-2002 online)
- Journal of Basic and Applied Research International
- British Journal of Economics, Management and Trade (ISSN: 2278–098X)
- International Society for Development and Sustainability (ID: M141684)
- International Journal of Development and Sustainability (ISSN 2186-8662; ID: M141684)
- British Journal of Mathematics and Computer Science (ISSN: 2231-0851)