Apply to Wells!
2. Required Materials
In order for your application be considered complete, you must have also submitted the following:
- Unique Expression: To help us better understand your achievements and potential, we welcome any additional material that showcases your unique personality and talents. These can be but are not limited to: Personal essays, your Zeemee Profile, a résumé, creative portfolio, and/or video recording of a musical or athletic performance. You can choose to submit one or several!
- Office transcripts/mark sheets/records of academic achievement in secondary school
- One (1) letter of recommendation from your school counselor, headmaster or principal
- Demonstration of English Proficiency. If English is not your native language, you must submit official results of one of the following exams:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): Wells College requires a score of 80 or higher (Internet-based)
- IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System): Wells College requires a minimum score of 6.0
- PTE Academic: Wells College requires a minimum score of 55
- SAT scores can be submitted in lieu of English proficiency scores only if your combined score is at least 620 on the SAT Critical Reading and Writing sections
- Applicants whose native language/primary language of instruction is English: If you are a citizen of the United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales), Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or some Canadian provinces, you are not required to submit demonstration of English proficiency. Email the Admissions Office to check if you are exempt.
- International high school students in the United States: If you are currently an international student enrolled in a high school in the United States, you may submit SAT scores in lieu of TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic scores if they meet the minimum required scores stated above.
- AP scores (scores of 3, 4, and 5 are accepted)
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher
All documents must be translated into English.
Test scores must be submitted to Wells by the official testing agency, either electronically or by paper. Please be sure to designate Wells as the recipient of your test scores. The Wells College codes are as follows:
Deadline: December 15. This is a non-binding admissions option. Students who wish to receive their decision early should submit their applications through the Early Action program.
Deadline: December 15. Students who regard Wells as their top choice are encouraged to apply under the early decision option. This is a binding admissions option. If admitted, early decision applicants agree to accept Wells' offer of admission and withdraw their applications to all other institutions by January 15. Early decision students must submit their enrollment deposits by February 15.
Deadline: March 1. Applications must be submitted by this deadline for full consideration of funding and housing.
Cost of Attendance
Tuition and Other Costs
The cost to attend Wells College as a full-time residential student for the 2017-18 academic year includes the following expenses:
Tuition and Fees: $39,600
Room and Board: $13,730
Wells College awards scholarships to international students who demonstrate exemplary academic records. International applicants will be automatically considered for the scholarship, and can be awarded up to $25,000 per year.
Once accepted to Wells College, international students must submit the following:
- A non-refundable $300 USD enrollment deposit*
- A Certification of Finances Form indicating an ability to pay the costs as outlined in the acceptance letter
- Supporting documentation for the Certification of Finance, such as bank statements, etc
- A photocopy of the ID section of your passport
I-20 and F-1 Visa
After Wells has received your non-refundable* enrollment deposit ($300 USD) and the Certification of Finances with supporting documentation, we will review your file to issue an I-20. You will need the I-20 to apply for an F-1 visa stamp at a U.S. Consulate.
*The deposit will be refunded to students who are unable to obtain a visa in time to begin the desired term at Wells
Connect with Current Wells Students!
If you would like to know more about Wells College and what it means to be a Wells student, please write to our student ambassadors! They are all international students who can share their experiences and perspectives on coming to Wells and life on campus! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wells College Admissions
170 Main Street
Aurora, NY 13026