First-Year Student Applications
In addition to your completed application form, you must also submit:
- Official high school transcripts and school report
- One teacher recommendations from 11th and/or 12th grade teachers in academic subject areas
- A $40 application fee (the application fee is waived for candidates who visit campus)
- Test Optional: Wells College is committed to reviewing applications holistically and considering many facets of a student's potential. To honor that commitment, admission to Wells is now test optional. As of Fall 2016, we longer require SAT or ACT scores in the application evaluation process. International students must submit TOEFL scores. See here for details.
The following items are highly recommended:
- A personal connection interview while visiting campus
- Your personal Zeemee Profile
- Any additional information that you would like to supply to the admissions committee (email, video, projects, resume, etc.)
Students applying for first-year admission should present a secondary school program with a minimum of four academic subjects each year, including:
- four years of English
- three or more years of mathematics
- three or more years of social science
- two or more years of laboratory science
- one or more years of a foreign language
To be considered for admission to Wells, you must submit your completed application to the Wells College Admissions Office by one of the deadline options below.
Deadline: December 15. Students who regard Wells as their top choice are encouraged to apply under the early decision option. This is a binding admissions option. If admitted, early decision applicants agree to accept Wells' offer of admission and withdraw their applications to all other institutions by January 15. Early decision students must submit their enrollment deposits by February 15.
We have extended our application deadlines!
- Priority Deadline: April 1. Applications received by this date will receive priority consideration for scholarships.
- Official Deadline: May 1. For full consideration, applications should be received no later than this date.
Once you have applied...
You will receive a User ID and password for The Globe by email. The Globe is a convenient portal where you can access important information from the College. You can use The Globe to check on the status of your application throughout the admissions process.
If you don't receive your User ID and password within one week of submitting your application, be sure to check you spam and bulk emails. If you still can't find the email, please contact admissions at 1-800-952-9355 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly provide you with this information.
Admitted students who regard Wells as their final choice are encouraged to submit their enrollment deposit by the following dates:
- Priority Deadline: May 1. Students who pay their deposit by this date will receive priority consideration for campus housing preferences.
- Official Deadline: June 1. To ensure timely enrollment processing and course selection, students should submit their deposits no later than this date.