The First Semester in Florence program begins with an onboarding experience called "Venture". In late August you will participate in week-long orientation in Aurora, N.Y., where you will meet fellow students, faculty, and staff.
During orientation, you’ll continue learning about the academic, co-curricular, and personal opportunities available to you in Florence and at Wells College. Workshops and group activities will be interactive and designed to prepare you to thrive in your studies abroad. You’ll also be provided with the information, support, and resources you need to make a successful transition to college life.
Important Fall 2023 Dates
- Monday, Aug. 21: Students arrive in Aurora, NY. If flying in, please purchase your flight into Syracuse (SYR) airport between 2pm and 5pm in order to meet Wells-sponsored airport pick-up at 5:30pm. Group welcome dinner and rooms assigned
- Tuesday, Aug. 22: Group meals together and welcome excursion and/or other pre-orientation activities
- Wednesday, Aug. 23: U.S. Orientation begins
- Thursday, Aug. 24: U.S. Orientation
- Friday, Aug. 25: U.S. Orientation ends
- Saturday, Aug. 26: Group full-day activity for First Semester in Florence students
- Sunday, Aug. 27: Free day and packing workshop
- Monday, Aug. 28: Group flight from NYC to Florence with Wells College staff
- Tuesday, Aug 29: Arrival in Florence. Airport transfer and apartment check-in
- Wednesday, Aug 30-Friday, Sept. 1: On-site academic and city orientation
- Saturday, Sept. 2 - Sunday, Sept. 3: Cultural programming and activities
- Monday, Sept. 4: First day of classes
- Fall Break: Mid-October (exact dates TBD)
- Semester end: December 15
- Return flight home: December 16/17. Arranged by Wells College. Airport drop-off included
Note: The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is an evolving situation which we are monitoring closely for impacts on this program. Please be aware that program details, including above calendar dates, may change.
There is a separate U.S. orientation fee, payable by check or credit card directly to Wells College, of $399 to cover housing, meals, special activities, and transportation during the on-site orientation at Wells College in Aurora, N.Y. prior to the official start of the semester. Wells staff will provide group transportation to the airport and accompany the students from New York to Florence.
Explore the Wells College First Semester in Florence Program
- About Florence
- Eligibility and Inclusions
- Orientation and Calendar
- Other Details
- Apply Now
You can contact Amy Torea, Wells in Florence Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 315.364.3291 for more information.