To be considered for the First Semester in Florence program, students must first be admitted to Wells College (see "Apply" section).
Other program-specific admissions requirements:
- High school graduate
- Should have minimum GPA of 2.8 on 4.0 scale
- Supplemental essay (required); exploratory call with Wells Global Education (recommended)
- Due to Italian law, all non-European Union citizens must be 18 years of age by July 14 to enroll at the Florence campus
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Valid passport
- Student visa
Students should demonstrate academic excellence, maturity, and leadership skills. Most majors work well with this program, but certain highly specialized programs such as computer science, lab and biomedical sciences, special education, athletic training, information systems and technology may find it challenging to spend a semester or a year abroad. In general, most liberal arts, communication, business, and fine arts majors will match very well with the first-semester program.
Your program fee includes:
- Full-time course load (13-14 academic credits) specifically designed for first-year students
- Housing in centrally located apartments (shared room) in downtown Florence, a short walk from your classrooms
- Meal plan: two meals/day for the duration of the program
- Round-trip group flight with transportation from the U.S. to Florence with a Wells College staff member
- Airport transfer and transportation to apartment in Italy
- Cultural activities throughout the semester:
- Academic support and optional tutoring through our partner CEA
- Supplemental international health insurance
- Visa support
- 24/7 on-site resident life support
Hear what some of our students have to say!
You can contact Amy Torea, Wells in Florence Program Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 315.364.3291 for more information.