Thursday, July 14 - Friday, July 15, 2016
Wells College, Aurora NY 13026
In this 2-day interactive training workshop, you will:
• Deepen your understanding of Education for Sustainability (EfS)
• Receive coaching to develop outcome-based lesson plans that integrate sustainability education into your curriculum and content.
• Experience models for integrating content from the three "pillars" of sustainability education (social justice, science and economics) into your classes.
• Explore curriculum models that integrate diverse modalities into age-appropriate, engaging, content-rich and complex learning.
• Be trained in constructivist media decoding that integrates critical literacy and content knowledge into your EfS toolkit.
• Practice classroom-based questioning strategies.
• Explore and evaluate models for inquiry-based pedagogy.
Early Bird Workshop fee (including all meals and workshop materials) $100 (must register by June 24)
Workshop fee for Wells College faculty and affiliates: $25 (must register by July 7)
Regular Workshop fee (including all meals and workshop materials) $150 (must register by July 7)
View complete workshop registration policies
On-campus lodging is available for $55 per night
Collegiate educators (including Wells faculty and affiliates): Register for the 2016 Finger Lakes Project workshop
K-12 educators: Register for the 2016 Finger Lakes Project workshop(using My Learning Plan)
Finger Lakes Project workshop schedule
Finger Lakes Project History
Finger Lakes Project Fees and Registration Policies
Finger Lakes Attractions
Getting to Wells College, Aurora NY
The 2016 Finger Lakes Project is a collaborative endeavor among:
The 2016 Finger Lakes Project workshop is made possible – and kept affordable - through the generous support of the Jephson Educational Trust.