The Summer Institute is pleased to offer scholarship funds for undergraduate and graduate students, as well as for recent grads. The new application form will be released soon. We try to share the benefits of our scholarship fund among as many applicants as possible. Please note that scholarship applicants need two references; forms for them to use are the last page of the application.
We typically have four interns each summer, two from Wells and two from other institutions. Interns should arrive on campus the Thursday before the first session in order to help with the final preparations, and plan on leaving the Tuesday after the last session. Interns need to have experience in one or more areas, especially binding and letterpress. They need to be self-starters, reliable, punctual, congenial and energetic. Their duties may include:
- organizing, cleaning and setting up tools, paper, supplies, and equipment for classrooms and studios before, during and after Institute sessions
- photocopying, data entry, and general office work including answering the phone and finding supplies
- distributing type and keeping the studios tidy
- assisting faculty and participants with arrival and departure
- working at the dorm registration table
- driving vans
- giving directions to campus venues
- assisting faculty with class set-up
- serving as TA to one Institute faculty member
- being on call in the evenings for participants who need help with their projects
- seeing to other work normal to a studio/workshop based internship.
The application for internships will be released soon. Please note that internship applicants need two references; forms for them to use are the last page of the application.