The Community Medical Center strives to provide the highest quality of patient-centered services for students.
Our providers and medical staff are highly trained and experienced to deliver a full range of diagnostic and treatment services. The Community Medical Center is located at the northwest corner on the Wells campus.
To set up an appointment at the Medical Center please call
315-364-3273 or 315-364-3388
All visits are by appointment, unless of course there is an emergency. When calling for an appointment please identify yourself as a Wells College student and explain the reason for the visit. If you are extremely sick, please express urgency when scheduling your appointment. The Medical Center will try their best to work around your class schedules, but understand that there may be times when we have no other time available than during a class time.
If you are unable to keep your appointment PLEASE call the office and cancel!
Also, please remember to bring your student ID to your appointment!
Marshall Trabout, MD:
BA - Case Western Reserve University
MD - SUNY Upstate Medical Center
Heather MacAdam, MD:
BS - Hofstra University
MD - University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
Colleen Saxton, FNP:
BSRN - Keuka College
MSN - SUNY Upstate Medical Center
- Adolescent & Adult Immunizations
- Allergy Shots
- Carotid & Doppler Studies
- Cortisone Injections
- D.O.T Physicals
- EKG & Echocardiograms
- GYN care - Pap Smears
- Holter Monitoring
- Mental Health Screenings
- Mental Health and Personal Counseling (Students may see a counselor up to six times per year at no cost. When a student requires extended psychiatric care (beyond six visits), the student and her or his family and/or guardian are responsible for making appropriate arrangements.)
- Minor Surgical Procedures (Mole, Wart and Skin Tag Removal and Minor Suturing)
- Pregnancy Testing & referrals
- Referrals (Mammogram, Dexascan, Etc)
- Routine Lab Testing (Cholesterol, Protime, Thyroid, Diabets, Etc)
- Routine Physical Exams
- Screenings for: Cholesterol, Thyroid, Diabetes, Cancer, Prostate, Allergy, Hypertension, Etc
- and more...
All students must submit the following forms, distributed in the Enrollment Handbook:
- Health History
- Authorization Form (consent to provide medical services to anyone under 18 years old)
- home physician information
- Immunization Record
- Meningococcal Vaccine Information Sheet (to be signed by parent or adult student)
- Physical Examination Form
If these forms are not received it could result in a students dismissal from the College - including all sports or other campus activities and housing. NYS resident students must comply with proof of immunization or exemption within 30 days, or 45 days for out-of-state or foreign resident students. Wells College is obligated to dismiss non-compliant students under state law. Proof of immunization or exemption will be required for readmission to Wells College.
Prescription Reimbursement: Included with your health insurance is a $100 dollar Prescription Program. This means that you could be reimbursed up to $100 dollars for medication that is prescribed for you during the academic year. In order to be reimbursed you must complete a claim form (these forms are located at the cashier's office in MacMillan) and then submit it to Pomco with your receipt. Once Pomco receives the claim form and receipt they will process it and send you a check in the mail. This process usually takes up to 7 days.
Kinney Prescription Delivery: Every Friday the Kinney Drug Store Pharmacy in Moravia delivers prescriptions to the Community Medical Center. In order to fill a prescription you must send your prescription or have your physician send your prescription to Kinney's. If there is a cost associated with the prescription it must be at the Community Medical Center in time for delivery. If it is not, then your prescription will not be delivered. You must be present at time of delivery if you have a prescription for a controlled substance.
Kinney's Drug Store
130 Main Street
Moravia, NY 13118
Phone: (315) 497-9371
Fax: (315) 497-9375
|2012-2013 Insurance Brochure|
|2012-2013 Claim Form|