Wells Holds Annual Employee Recognition Breakfast
01-17-14 - Ceremony honors faculty and staff who exemplify the College's mission and those who have reached a milestone year in their service to the community.
Wells College faculty and staff recently gathered for the College's 6th annual Employee Recognition Breakfast, a ceremony to honor those members of the college community who have reached milestone years in their service and present several outstanding employees with Employee Excellence Awards.
Wells President Thomas de Witt led the proceedings, naming each faculty and staff member honored and presenting them with a certificate printed by the Wells Book Arts Center, as well as thanking Wells’ faculty and staff members for their dedication to the institution’s mission and students.
Five Employee Excellence Awards were presented to individuals nominated by their colleagues for demonstrating excellent work in furtherance of Wells’ mission, in areas such as student support, innovation, inclusion, civic engagement and customer service. This year, the awardees were:
- Ryan Dwyer, Assistant Director for Admissions
- David Salico, Accountant
- Nancie Arquette, Wells Dining Manager
- Katie Waugh, Assistant Professor of Studio Art
- John Wade, Campus Painter
Those who are celebrating milestone years with the College were also honored at the breakfast. Employees that have spent 25 years as members of the Wells community received a silver watch in commemoration of their service. Wells would like to again thank:
Celebrating 5 years of service
- Alan Connors, Transportation Assistant
- Dan Kane, Head Men’s Soccer Coach and Assistant Athletic Director for Facilities
- Mike O’Brien, Head Women’s Basketball Coach
10 years of service
- Art Fritz, Carpenter
- Deb Gagnon, Associate Professor of Psychology
- Jackie Schnurr, Associate Professor of Biology
15 years of service
- Ann Rollo, Director of Communications and Marketing
- Kelly Siegfried, Database Administrator
- LuAnne Weeks, Manager of Student Accounts
20 years of service
- Melanie Cullen, Assistant Registrar
- Joe DeForest, Technical Director of Theater and Facilities Manager, and Lecturer in Performing Arts
- Michael Groth, Professor of History
- Vic Muñoz, Professor of Psychology and Gender Studies
- Brian O’Hara, Plumber, Water Treatment Plant Operator
- Ernie Olson, Professor of Anthropology and Religion
- Pam Sheradin, Director of Annual Giving
- Laura Burns, Director of Financial Aid
- Ted Lossowski, Professor of Art
- Susan Sloan: Director of Admissions and Financial Aid
40 years of service
- Kevin Van Orman, Groundsman
The College initiated the Employee Recognition Breakfast six years ago; the campus-wide
awards for excellence were added two years ago. Each awardee will have her or his
name added to a campus plaque.
For more information, contact Communications Associate David Foote, 315-364-3460 or email email@example.com.