Wells Honors Faculty and Staff with Employee Excellence Awards
01-15-13 - Individuals from across campus recognized at the annual Employee Recognition Breakfast.
Wells College recently held its annual Employee Recognition Breakfast, honoring members of the college community who have reached milestones in their service and presenting several employees with campus-wide Employee Excellence Awards. Wells President Lisa Marsh Ryerson led the proceedings, thanking Wells’ faculty and staff members for their dedication to the institution’s mission and students and giving special recognition to two individuals: Nancy Ayers, custodian, who is marking 25 years of dedicated service, and Thomas H. Gunderson, long-time superintendent of buildings and grounds and now special advisor to the President, who is closing his 45th year at Wells with his retirement. Twenty-four other individuals were also recognized for their outstanding years of service at the College.
Seven Employee Excellence Awards were presented to individuals or groups who were nominated by their colleagues for demonstrating excellent work in furtherance of Wells’ mission, in areas such as student support, innovation, inclusion, civic engagement and customer service. This year, the awardees were:
- Alice Bradley, Office Manager in Admissions
- Phyllis Siemiatkowski, Assistant for Academic and Student Life
- Daniel Renfrow, Associate Professor of Sociology
- Tracy Barnhart, Manager of Mail Services
- Muriel Godbout, Library Director
- Keely Latopolski, Coordinator of Student Programming and Services
- The College’s advancement staff, including Vice President for Advancement Michael McGreevey, Director of Annual Giving Pam Sheradin ’86, Director of Leadership and Planned Giving Hal Burrall, Director of Alumnae and Alumni Relations Laura Sanders, Assistant Director of Annual Giving Katrina Wilson ’93, Coordinator of Corporate and Foundation Relations Michelle Landers, Assistant to the Vice President for Advancement and Coordinator of Stewardship Michele Vollmer, Advancement Assistants Lori Rook and Jessica Corter, and Communications and Advancement Assistant Janet Mapstone
The College initiated the Employee Recognition Breakfast five years ago; the campus-wide awards for excellence were added last year. Each awardee will have her or his name added to a campus plaque.
For more information, contact David Foote, communications associate, 315-364-3460, firstname.lastname@example.org.