Entrepreneurship Week Presentations
Introducing our participants!
Twenty-three Wells students are spending this week discussing ideas for entrepreneurial ventures, refining projects, and preparing to present their ideas to the community at the close of Wells College’s Business and Entrepreneurship Week. Presentations will occur in the categories of Social Entrepreneurship (1:30–3:30 p.m.) and Business Entrepreneurship (4:30–5:30 p.m.) in Stratton Hall during the afternoon on Friday, April 13.
Both categories will be judged by a panel, but as a member of the audience, you can also play a part in rewarding the work of these students! Attendees will be given pretend money to “invest” in the ideas that they find to be the most promising; the amount that each collects will be awarded to the team as a prize and will factor into the judging process and the special awards ceremony at 5:30 p.m.
Here are the students working on projects this week:
- Jessica Alicea ’14, Psychology
- Pat Arancio ’12, Individualized Major: Business and Entrepreneurship
- Rene Benda ’12, Sociology/Anthropology: Anthropology/Cross-Cultural Sociology
- Loretta Buerkle ’15, Undeclared
- Zachariah Bush ’13, Economics and Management: Management
- Colin Evans ’12, Environmental Studies: Environmental Sciences
- Giavarna Faison ’14, Theatre and Dance
- Melissa Fortin ’14, Psychology, Mathematics
- Nora Frewert ’12, Economics and Management: Management
- Chris Guard ’12, Philosophy
- Terry Harrison ’13, Individualized Major: Business and Entrepreneurship
- Julie Kang ’13, Biology
- Dave Kaus ’12, Individualized Major: Business and Entrepreneurship
- Mitch Moulton ’12, Sociology/Anthropology: Sociology
- Emily Mulkerne ’12, Psychology
- Alex Riad ’12, English: Creative Writing, Performing Arts: Theatre and Dance
- Justin Rigney ’12, Individualized Major: Business and Entrepreneurship
- Sara Spezzano ’12, Political Science
- Brenna Toomey ’13, Political Science
- Olivia Touron ’15, Undeclared
- Alanna Verderber ’12, Environmental Studies: Environmental Sciences
- Brynn Wilkinson ’13, Psychology
- Victoria Williams ’14, Psychology
The presentations will break at 3:30 p.m., as keynote speaker Julie Shimer, CEO of Welch Allyn and founder of Blue Highway, takes the podium for a special lecture on entrepreneurship. Shimer will also join Wells President Lisa Marsh Ryerson for the 5:30 p.m. awards and prizes ceremony.Come out on Friday to hear what the teams have come up with and see these innovative ideas explored firsthand—and be prepared to help your favorite venture succeed!