An admission review will begin only after the following items are on file in the Wells admissions office:
- Completed application and personal essay.
- Official school report and transcripts or records of academic achievement in secondary school.
- A letter of recommendation from your school counselor, headmaster, or principal.
- One teacher recommendation (optional).
- Official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Wells does not require TOEFL scores for students with a combined score over 800 on the SAT Critical Reading and Writing sections.
All documents must be submitted in the English language.
Accepted international student applicants will be required to submit a $2,500 enrollment deposit, a Certificate of Finances Form indicating an ability to pay the costs as outlined in the acceptance letter, and a photocopy of the ID section of their passports.
Apply for Admissions
- Apply On-line
- or use the Common Application
- or email the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard-copy application form.
Quick response time
Wells offers rolling admissions, which means that you can pick up, complete, and submit your application anytime. We'll be ready to respond! Within two weeks of receiving your completed file, Wells will let you know of our decision on your application.
1-20 and F1 Visa
After Wells has received your enrollment deposit ($2,500 USD) and certification of finances, the College will send your I-20 form in another two weeks. Wells provides the necessary documentation for students to acquire an F1 visa.
TOEFL Examination Results
Wells requires a score of 525 or higher on the paper-based TOEFL and/or 70 or higher on the Internet based TOEFL.
Please be sure to designate Wells as the recipient of your test scores. The TOEFL
code # is 002971; the SAT code # is 002971; the ACT code # is 002988. You also have
the option of sending your score report with your application.
Cost of Attendance
Tuition and Other Costs
The cost to attend Wells College as a full-time residential student for the 2014-2015 academic year includes the following expenses:
|Room and Board||$12,700|
Wells College Presidential Scholarships are awarded to international students who
demonstrated academic excellence in their coursework. Recipients are selected by the
Admissions Committee and awards range from $10,000 to $15,000 per year.
Correspond with Current Wells Students!
If you would like to know more about Wells College and what it means to be a Wells student please write to our student ambassadors! They are all international students who can share their experiences and perspectives on coming to Wells and life on campus!
- The Cambridge Institute
- The SmartStudent Guide to Studying in the USA
- Institute of International Education (IIE)
- International Education Financial Aid (IEFA)
Wells College Admissions
170 Main Street
Aurora, NY 13026