Faculty and students are encouraged to take an active role in the development of the library's collections.
Before submitting a request, please check the Library Catalog to confirm that we do not own the title.
The library will not reimburse individuals or departments for purchase of titles intended for inclusion in the library's collection without advance authorization from the library director.
- Submit your book, DVD, and video requests to Kim Nolan.
- Submit journal subscription or database requests to Muriel Godbout.
- Please submit requests early. Fulfillment can take from a few weeks to several months. You will be notified by email if a title is out-of-print or no longer available.
- If you are requesting a number of titles, please prioritize them.
- Please indicate "rush" if you need a title quickly. You will be notified through campus mail when a title is ready to circulate.
- If requested, new titles may be placed on hold for you at the Main Desk. You will be notified through campus mail when a title is ready to circulate.
- If a title is intended for use as a course reserve, include the department, course number, and reserve loan period preference.
- The library purchases hardcover editions whenever possible, and under normal practice purchases only a single copy of a given title.
- Dissertations from other institutions, textbooks, workbooks, and teaching aids are not normally added to the library's collection.
- Gifts are accepted with the understanding that the library may include them in the collection or dispose of them at the library director's discretion.